Credentials – CV
Colby J. Walter
Keystone Construction and Development, Inc.
488 Blue Lakes Blvd. N. #101 Twin Falls, ID 83301
Tel: (208) 293-7575
Summary of Expertise:
Over 25 years of experience in the construction industry, including the construction of over 275 single family dwellings. These projects include design-build custom homes and production-based speculative building. Additional experience includes residential remodel/addition projects, multi-family apartment buildings, commercial tenant improvement including office space, recreation, therapeutic and entertainment space. Experience includes design, inspection, supervision of subcontractor trades, material procurement, management of suppliers & vendors, invoicing, and scheduling. An experienced expert witness, including consulting for both plaintiff and defendant in multiple residential construction legal cases.
1998 – 2005 Vice President, Midwest Construction Company, Inc. (Salt Lake City, UT)
1998 – 2005 Associate Broker, Parkdale Homes (Salt Lake City, UT)
2005 – 2007 Senior Project Engineer, Rudolph and Sletten, Inc. (San Diego, CA)
2007 – 2015 Managing Partner, Keystone Construction and Development, Inc. (Twin Falls, ID)
2015 – Present President, Keystone Construction and Development, Inc. (Twin Falls, ID)
2007 – Present Designated Broker, Idaho Legacy Real Estate, Inc. (Twin Falls, ID)
Education, Licensure/Registration, Professional Designations
Bachelor of Science degree: Construction Management, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT 1998
Licensed General Contractor: State of Utah, 2003 – 2005
Registered Entity Contractor: State of Idaho, 2007 – Present
Licensed Real Estate Broker: State of Utah, 2003 – 2005
Licensed Real Estate Broker: State of Idaho, 2007 – Present
Certified Green Professional (CGP): National Association of Home Builders, 2018 – Present
Graduate Master Builder (GMB): National Association of Home Builders, 2020 – Present
Idaho Building Contractors Association
National Association of Home Builders
Magic Valley Builders Association
Idaho Association of Realtors
National Association of Realtors
Western Magic Valley Realtors
Residential Subdivision Development, including construction of new homes
– Oquirrh Shadows Subdivision: Phases 32 and 33, West Jordan, UT. 63 homes ranging from 1,100 – 2,500 square feet.
– Discovery Heights Subdivision: Phases 1, 2 and 3, West Jordan, UT. 120 homes ranging from 1,400 – 3,900 square feet
– Heidi Subdivision, Jerome, ID. 11 homes ranging from 1,000 – 2,000 square feet
– Maple Ridge Subdivision: Phase 1, 2, 3 and 4, Jerome, ID. 90 developed lots, 67 homes currently built, 3 homes under construction. Ranging from 1,200 square feet to 2,800 square feet.
– Sunway Subdivision No. 3, Twin Falls, ID. Development of (25) 1-acre lots
Additional Residential Projects
– Numerous single-family dwellings, remodels, and home additions (in addition to those mentioned as part of ‘Subdivision Development’ above) which were constructed in Twin Falls County, Jerome County, Lincoln County, City of Kimberly, and City of Twin Falls. Home sizes range from 1,000 square feet to over 12,000 square feet.
– Multiple single-family dwellings in Victor’s Pond Subdivision, Phase 5: Draper, UT and Eaglepointe Estates, Phase I: North Salt Lake, UT
– Campus Park Housing, Ph 1, building C: 12 apartments / 72 rooms Twin Falls, ID
– Campus Park Housing, Ph 2, buildings E, F, G: 72 apartments/144 rooms Twin Falls, ID
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP. 135,000 sq ft office space, penthouse office suites, cafeteria, conference rooms, and file storage. 6-floor high-rise tenant improvements: 655 West Broadway San Diego, California.
- Angiography Suite Remodel UCSD Medical Center. 3000 sq ft complete remodel of the Angiography Suite including site work and seismic upgrades. San Diego, California.
- Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego, Santa Fe Depot Conversion. 15,000 sq ft – Conversion of the original 1915 downtown historic train station into an award-winning museum. San Diego, California.
- Sea World San Diego, Shamu Stadium renovation: New two-story stage, new water fountain spanning width of the show pool, three-story whale tail, rotating LED screens, new audio system and overhead cameras. San Diego, California.
- Pechanga Resort and Casino: Multiple projects including the reconstruction of 15,000 sq ft High Limit Gaming area, remodeling of comedy club, and back-of-house/ green room upgrades. Temecula, California.
- Country Auto. 2,165 square foot car dealership office remodel and addition. New office space and remodel of portions of existing space with exterior façade remodel. Jerome, Idaho
- Progressive Publishing. 8,498 Square foot office remodel and addition. New office space, kitchen, restroom, employee recreation space, installation of Won-Door products. Jerome, Idaho
- Lifestyles Therapy and Wellness Center. 3,100 square foot remodel/renovation of physical therapy office including patient treatment rooms, exercise area and office space: Twin Falls, ID.
- Campus Park Housing – Community Center / Clubhouse remodel including the addition of an aerobics center.
- Wright Physical Therapy – 2,000 square foot tenant improvement / remodel of a physical therapy office including patient treatment rooms, exercise area and office space: Wendell ID
Certifications & Certificates:
- Lead Safety for Renovation, Repair, and Painting- Torf Environmental Training Boise, ID September 2017 – 2022
- Certified renovation, repair, and painting firm. Unites States Environmental Protection Agency – Certification #NAT-F179668-1 Issued September 2017 – 2022
- S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Builder Identification Number ID #00019 – required for homes financed with VA-guaranteed loans.
- High Performance Building for Building Professionals – National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) 2018. AIA continuing professional education 12.00 LU/HSW Hours
- Business Management for Building Professionals – National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Las Vegas, NV 2018
- Financial Management – National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Las Vegas, NV 2018
- Advanced High Performance Building: Project Management National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) – Las Vegas, NV 2019
- Universal Design Build – National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Indianapolis, IN 2019
- Project Management – National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Las Vegas, NV 2019
- Using Your Contracts to Help Manage Supply Chain Issues National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) 2021